Friday, January 30, 2009

Beginning on a Friday...


While I sit here waiting for my lunch to come from the local chinese place, I thought I would tell ya a bit about my upcoming weekend.

Tonight, my friend Kristy wants to celebrate her birthday, so we are going to get together and go to a place called the Firm. I have never been there before, but from what I saw on their myspace page, it looks kinda cool. They have a lighted bar that glows neon colors like blue and pink across the entire surface. Pretty cool!

Right after work though, I am going to get my hair cut. I have pretty long hair, and it is in need of a trim and some style. I have it all one length at the moment, but I am in need of some layers so I don't look so haggish. I have crazy bangs that do what they want, so I figure...why not cut more hair around it to make the rest of it freak out! Good theory, right?
Hopefully, I wont embarrass Kristy tonight when we go out with my "Sideshow Bob" hairdo.

My 8 year old son plays basketball, and he has a game tomorrow afternoon. I don't know if you have ever watched little kids playing basketball (or any sport for that matter) but it is pretty damn funny! They try so hard, and they really do good, but just watching them run around is kinda funny. They fall alot. I crack up laughing, and then get the stink eye from their parents...makes for new friends in town, you know. My son falls more than anyone else's though. So, its all fair.

My stepdaughter is a competition cheerleader. She also has a competition tomorrow, so I have a busy day ahead of me. She lives with me and my husband, her father full time. It has always been this way. I could tell you the whole story, but you don't have that much time, so I won't go into detail, except to say that her mother isnt around. She can't seem to get far enough away...and that is fine by me. The farther away the better. However, she is blowing back into town this coming week like a bad storm, and I am preparing myself for that. Not looking forward to it in the least. I keep hearing the song from wizard of oz as the witch rides up on her broom...

I also have a daughter of my own, but she is currently staying with her father in Tennessee. That was a terribly hard decision to make, and it kills me to be away from her, but she wanted to be there, and if that makes her happy, then that is all that matters. I miss her terribly though, and cry about it every day. I hope that she decides that the grass isnt greener on the other side and comes home soon. sniffle sniffle.

My husband and I went out last weekend to hankerd's in Pleasant Lake and that was pretty fun! I got a little carried away with the girl on girl dirty dancing, and I think my husband was pretty embarrassed, but hey...someone has to be the night's entertainment, right?
I heard from alot of people on facebook that I had some pretty impressive moves...but I think that was just a polite way of saying "Hey, we alllll saw you acting stupid, and we are allll talking about it behind your back!" Only kidding...kinda. My motto is if they are talking about me, they are leaving someone else alone, right?

So, Sunday, I am meeting my mom and sisters to discuss the wedding of my other sister...who has lost her damn mind and cant seem to get this shit together. pfft. Can't. Wait.

Anyways, maybe tomorrow I can write about how my night went and how my new haircut looks...maybe I will even post pictures of before and after.

No comments:

Post a Comment