Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reflection and Change


Over the last few weeks and months, I have fallen into a lull. I have been lazy, down on myself and feeling less than optimistic about my future and my goals.
This morning when I woke up, it dawned on me. My problem is that I am bored. I don't have alot of friends around where I live, and I don't really have anything entertaining to do in my neck of the woods, so my choices are... do housework...watch tv...play on the computer...or do more housework.
I live about 1/2 hour from everywhere, and since I carpool to work, there aren't alot of options for things to do in the city right after work.
I would LOVE to be able to go work out at the gym every day after work...or go for a swim at the YMCA, but I just don't have one nearby. I could spend the extra gas money to drive back to the city after I get home, but that is just stupid.
I am itching for people and things to see and places to go, and things to do.
Is this what is called Spring Fever?

So, anyways, I have realized that I am bored. Tonight wont be so bad because we are going to the home basketball game at the school. That will be a nice change of pace for me.

So, I guess what I am going to do is sit down, and make a list of things I would like to do when I am bored.
I am going to also make a list of things that need to be done around my house for spring cleaning. These things will require the help of my family, which will also be a nice change of pace since I usually do the "heavy" things on my own.

This weekend coming will probably get me started. I keep thinking about my mom. (Grandma).
She is lonely and would love to have someone come over and keep her company, so I am going to call her up and ask her what she would like to do...if she wants to go anywhere or whatever. I think I would enjoy a day with her. I don't get nearly enough of them.

Anyways, maybe after I have written my list, I will publish it on here to help give other people some ideas for things to do when you are bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment